[fusion_builder_container gradient_top_color=”” gradient_bottom_color=”” gradient_type=”vertical” gradient_direction=”0deg” gradient_force=”yes” hundred_percent=”no” hundred_percent_height=”no” hundred_percent_height_scroll=”no” hundred_percent_height_center_content=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” status=”published” publish_date=”” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ gradient_top_color=”” gradient_bottom_color=”” gradient_type=”vertical” gradient_direction=”0deg” gradient_force=”yes” spacing=”” center_content=”no” link=”” target=”_self” min_height=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”left top” background_repeat=”no-repeat” hover_type=”none” border_size=”0″ border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=”” last=”no”][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””]
Winter season is just around the corner. Have you already equipped yourself with the best armor to keep off wrinkles, fine lines, freckles, or other skin imperfections and maintain a healthy, younger-looking appearance all throughout? Don’t miss out what chemical peels can do for you!
Since the winter season is usually dry and colder because of reduced moisture in the air, our skin becomes cracked and dehydrated. This can make us look older than our real age, which is why getting a chemical peel is highly essential and even recommended by the experts especially during winter climates. Predominantly because it eliminates dry skin and reveals the true beauty of a person.
What is chemical peel, anyway?
A chemical peel is an effective cosmetic procedure that speeds reduction of pigmentation and accelerates turnover of skin, leading to a more even skin tone and healthier skin. It is one of the fastest ways to resolve skin imperfections caused by acne, hormones and aging, dark spots, dead skin cells, small scars, fine lines, and/or freckles. It improves the vivacity and radiance of your skin by means of inducing new collagen production and stimulating the new healthy growth of your skin cells.
Which chemical peel is right for the winter season?
Chemical peels have basically five types: glycolic, beta, vitalize, pigment balancing, and lactic peel.
Among these five, the lactic chemical peel is considered to be an excellent application in winter. It is ideal for dry or sensitive skin. Lactic peels are superficial, so downtime is minimal. Most patients had only experienced slight face redness for up to twenty-four hours after.
On the other hand, the glycolic peel is good for rejuvenation and exfoliation of aging skin. The beta peel is used to treat acne in both younger and older patients, besides exfoliating the skin. For a lightened and quality skin pigmentation, a vitalize peel is applied by the doctor. Lastly, the pigment balancing peel is intended to lighten the skin pigment.
What do chemical peels contain?
You may wonder what makes chemical peels very popular among people of all ages in the winter season. It is mainly because of the active ingredients contained within that makes it extremely effective and efficient to use.
Most typically, chemical peel solutions consist of either beta hydroxy acid (a BHA like salicylic acid), phenol, hydroxy acids (an AHA like glycolic acid), or trichloroacetic acid (TCA) as the exfoliating agent. Each is categorized by the resulting depth of the peel onto the skin and the concentration which can vary from deep or medium peels to superficial (also called light or micro peels).
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Peels: Effective in improving skin texture, which causes some elastin and collagen to rebuild. It slightly lessens the appearance of skin discolorations and acne scarring.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Peels: May not be as popular as AHA peels but proves to be equally effective. Not to mention, BHA peels have certain advantages for some types of skin.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peels: Have a history of being safe and effective. It is typically used for peeling the hands, neck, face, and other body areas. While a good alternative to removing fine lines, TCA peels may not be effective on deeper wrinkling than other ingredients.
- Phenol Peels: Used to treat limited facial areas including deep wrinkles around the mouth. Phenol peels can also be used for full-face peeling for severe wrinkle or sun damage.
Other ingredients used in combination or alone for mild to moderate strength chemical peels include:
- Retinoic Acid Peels: Helps to boost the skin’s turnover rate. Aside from that, it also obstructs harmful bacteria growth, restores the immune system, and fuels collagen production – all while packing moisture into the skin.
- Modified Jesner’s Peel: The combination of beta and alpha hydroxy acids, lactic acid, Kojic acid, salicylic acid, and resorcinol acid. Helps resurface the skin.
Possible Side Effects And Risks Of Chemical Peels
Common side effects are only temporary and include burning or stinging, slight swelling, dryness, and redness.
Benefits Of Chemical Peels
Still, the benefits of undergoing a chemical peel still prevail over its side effects and risks.
- Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Improves the color, texture, and clarity of the skin
- Improves skin radiance and glow
- Helps you achieve a vibrant complexion
- Increases skin hydration
- Addresses scarring and visible skin imperfections such as acne scars and age spots
- Cost-efficient treatment
By integrating chemical peel into your skin care routine, you can improve your overall appearance and well-being.